Dr. Kevin R. Stone, an orthopedic surgeon at the Stone Clinic and founder of the Stone Research Foundation and Joint Juice, a San Francisco-based joint health beverage company, offers five tips for helping to maintain healthy joint
1. Manage your weight. Every extra pound puts four times the stress on your knees and other weight-bearing joints.
2. Glucosamine is produced naturally in the body, but due to the physical demands of everyday life our body’s supply is often not enough. Joint Juice beverages provide an easy way to drink your daily supply of glucosamine and avoid having to swallow two big horse pills a day.
3. Take breaks throughout the day, especially at the office, to get re-energized. Range-of-motion exercises are a good way to keep muscles and ligaments flexible and strong.
4. When sitting, standing and especially when lifting, using the proper technique will prevent fatigue and injury.
5. Request an examination of your joints – from head to toe – and ask for tips on protecting your joints from daily stress.