Calling all angry girlfriends! If you have a “bad” boyfriend or if you have EVER had a bad boyfriend, or even if you have one with a few annoying bad habits, now you can get even and maybe win some money in the process.
Announcing the Awful, Worst, Most Annoying, Stupid, Bad Boyfriend Contest! The contest is all in the name of fun. We’re not looking for really terrible boyfriend stories, just the ones that are whacky enough to share with girlfriends and make us laugh at some of the crazy things we put up with in the name of love.
Just tell us your best “bad boyfriend” story in 500 words or less, or in a video that is THREE minutes or less, and if your story is selected as the winner by our panel of judges, you can WIN $$$$. First Prize is $350, Second Prize is $150.
When you first fall in love, you enter the “love is blind” phase where your boyfriend can’t do much wrong. He gets away with a LOT when love first blooms. (And you do too, but this isn’t about you.)
Now you begin to think that his slobbiness is just laziness. His perpetually being late makes him look like he’s either incredibly untogether or that he thinks he’s the King of the Universe and his time is more valuable than yours – or anyone’s, for that matter. And his continual flirting with other women now seems insulting and kind of low-lifey.
But perhaps ultimately he has greater virtues that overrule these (and other) incredible irritations. Or perhaps not. Whether you stand by your man or plan to head for the hills (if you haven’t already), tells us your best story about Mr. Slobby Tardy Flirt and you might win something way better than a “bad” boyfriend – MONEY!!!!
How do you enter?
1. Write an original story about your “bad” boyfriend that is no more than 500 words and no less than 250 words. OR, create a video that is no more than 3 minutes and no less than 30 seconds. Acceptable formats for writing include: pdf, doc, docx and txt and a .mov file only for video submissions
2. Please don’t use real names (we have to protect the guilty), or send anything that could cause problems for your relationship. And remember, this is all about fun and seeing the humor in some of our most outrageous adventures in relationships.
3. For Videos – It is your responsibility to get permission from anyone (except your cat or goldfish) who appears in your video.
4. We are not going to ask you to eliminate any profanity (we know how difficult it is to limit ourselves when it comes to talking about these bad boys), but we hope you will use discretion and find more creative words to do the talking whenever possible.
5. Unfortunately, we have to draw the line somewhere, so absolutely NO NUDITY allowed in your videos (get naked on your own time!).
6. By submitting your story (in writing or on video), on a non-exclusive basis, you grant all rights to the content to BroadLit, Inc. in perpetuity for its use at any time. (Please see official rules for more details.)
7. Entrants must be 18 years or older and must fill out ALL of the required information to be eligible. The contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50)United States and the District of Columbia. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of BroadLit, Inc., and its parent companies, assigns, subsidiaries or affiliates, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and their immediate families, and persons living in their household are not eligible to enter this contest.
8. All entries must be submitted by March 1, 2013. The winner will be announced on April 1, 2013 – we are all fools for love, so it is a fitting day to announce our winner.
9. All submissions must be original material created by the entrant. No plagiarism, no copyright infringement.
10. Once you are ready, go to https://broadlit.submittable.com/submit to submit your video or story and fill out all of the required information (after all, we do have to find you if your win).
11. Be sure to READ the official rules just so you know what’s up.
PS – We didn’t say that these stories have to be true. They can be embellished, exaggerated, or even completely fabricated. We just want them to be fun and entertaining.
Good luck! May the best “bad boy” win!