Life on the job can be pretty tough if you are shouldering all the work or responsibility alone. The tougher the job gets because no one seems to be helping you, probably the angrier you get. Before you know it, you are in the middle of a vicious circle. Here are some suggestions for fostering cooperation among your co-workers.
- One: Establish group goals and priorities.Establish a regular time each week to meet with your team. In the first meeting, establish the groups’ goals, what role each person is to play, and the timeline by when each person’s deliverables are due.
- Two: Create a tracking method to keep track of progress. Use this status report as the tool for setting each week’s agenda.
- Three: Elicit suggestions from all the members for ways to achieve your goals more effectively and efficiently.Remember that you are building a team in which each person’s value should be recognized and appreciated.
- Four: Publicly acknowledge accomplishments of individual members.If a particular co-worker accomplishes a difficult task within or faster than the timeframe allotted, be sure to publicly praise that person’s work.
- Five: Have fun with the process.Teams work better when they are enjoying working together. Remember to smile!