(ARA) – No matter how many canine companions you have or what their ages are, every day is a new opportunity to make their lives happier and healthier. Keep a few simple tips in mind and you’re sure to get four paws up.
* Fill your dog’s bowl with fresh water every single day and remember to clean the water bowl regularly.
* “Do your research and read labels before deciding on food for your dog,” says veterinarian Dr. Marty Becker. Nutro Ultra food for dogs features the Ultrassential Superfood Blend. “Some of the benefits of feeding ‘superfoods’ to dogs are a healthy skin and coat from essential fatty acids, lean muscle mass from high-quality proteins, strong teeth and bones from calcium and a strong immune system from antioxidant-rich foods,” says Becker.
* The average dog needs about 20-30 minutes of daily exercise or vigorous activity.
* To help keep playtime fun, make sure your dog knows basic commands (sit, stay and drop it, for example) and be consistent in using them.
* Make sure to bring your dog to the veterinarian annually (or as recommended) and keep him up to date on shots and medications.
For more information, visit UltraHolistic.com.