(ARA) – There is no time like the present to create lasting family traditions.
* Schedule a family baking day to ensure your tried-and-true family recipes continue on for generations.
* Annually, or every few years, gather relatives far and wide for an enjoyable time to reminisce, share photos, cook and eat together.
* Get everyone involved in building and contributing to a family Web page or blog that highlights recent get-togethers, news, photos and favorite recipes.
* Pick one night a week to take the family on a culinary journey to another part of the world.
* Host monthly movie nights for family to experience old classics or the latest blockbusters.
Visit Smuckers.com to enter the “Spreading Smucker’s Traditions” contest and share your family-favorite recipes and memories. Until Oct. 12, you can enter a family recipe that has been handed down for at least two generations for a chance to win a five-day, four-night family trip for eight to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando. The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 states and Washington D.C., 18 years of age and older and is void where prohibited. See Web site for official rules and complete details.