(ARA) – The next generation of laundry has arrived and the status quo is getting a much-needed makeover. New washer and dryer technologies and innovations in detergents and clothing care save time and energy, making laundry feel like less of a chore.
* Experts suggest looking for machines with anti-vibration technology for quiet laundry sessions.
* Washing machines don’t need to just fill with water and swish clothing back and forth. Select new washers like those from LG incorporate new washing motions and cycles to improve clothing care performance and save time and energy.
* Oxygen-based stain removers are nontoxic and effective on nearly every stain. Portable stain-erasing pens and wipes are handy for treating stains no matter where you are.
* According to the U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Star washing machines can cut your water costs by up to 50 percent.
* With 70 percent of U.S. households affected by asthma or allergies, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America says steam washing machines with the LG Allergiene cycle reduce allergens, including common triggers — like dust mites and pet dander — on fabrics by more than 95 percent.
For more information on laundry innovations, visit LGusa.com.