(ARA) – Travelers are finding the silver lining of the current economic climate is the availability of some incredible travel values. Hotel, airfare and vacation package prices are all down significantly from last year, helping to make travel more affordable than it has been in years.
With a little planning, even the most budget-conscious travelers can find affordable trips this fall and winter. The general manager of Expedia.com, Tim MacDonald, offers some advice for ways to get the most value out of your next vacation:
* Plan ahead and book with confidence. Scheduling travel in advance helps you secure the lowest airfare and hotel rates.
* Booking airfare and hotel accommodations at the same time not only simplifies the vacation planning process, but also can help substantially reduce the overall costs of vacation travel.
* There are opportunities to get more for your money this year. For roughly the price of a three-star hotel stay last year, travelers can now book at a four-star hotel.
* Be flexible and try something new – take time to look for current travel deals.
* Thoroughly researching vacation destinations including available public transportation or local tipping customs (if traveling outside the U.S.) can help avoid any unexpected costs.
For more information about travel deals and destinations, visit www.expedia.com.